First of all, I must show gratitude to Bohan (Tuotuo) Shi as it is he who teaches me how to set up my personal website (or rather, my blog) as well as how to maintain it!
- Choose your own domain hosting services and purchase a domain
- Set up WordPress via the panel(i.e. cpanel) provided by the hosting site
- Customize the theme, layout, widgets, fonts and so on
- Download and activate the plugins you need
- Download FTP client (i.e. FileZilla) and link your PC with your website (FTP information in the email from the hosting site) and then transfer files (especially larger than 2M); Download “Add From Server” plugin and use it to upload files from the FTP client
- Know some online tools that can help:
Polish images: Meitu
Resize pictures: Any online tools
Justify texts: Text Editor Tool Online
- Add your URL via Google services… so as to make the website easier to be found with Google Search
- To be continued…
How To Set Up A Blog?